As families choose to worship the Triune God with us, and we’ve fellowshipped together in worship, and hopefully some Bible studies, interest may be started in wondering how one joins the congregation and becomes a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
If such a family has already been confirmed in the church as a communicant member, their membership may be transferred from their previous Lutheran Church home to us, by simply requesting it (either they, or our church office, can write for the transfer). If the family was confirmed Lutheran in one of the other Lutheran branches, or have been confirmed in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod but has been away from active membership for a period of time, they may speak with the Pastor Koehler, review their confessional base and be received into Communicant Membership with us by Reaffirmation of Faith.
For those families who come to us from unchurched backgrounds, have not been actively involved in any church family previously, or were members of another Christian denomination but desire to know about our doctrinal beliefs as we see the Bible teaching us, we offer Adult Instruction Classes that usually meet weekly for 10-12 weeks whenever there’s a desire/request to have them. No commitment is being made by attending the classes, but it gives a great opportunity to know what we believe and teach, and to get acquainted with Pastor Koehler, who teaches it, and others interested in such discussions.
- Using the Bible, we see what it says about the following subjects:
- The bible and its origins
- What it says about the Triune God – looking at each Person – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit individually
- Creation vs. evolution
- Man’s fall into sin and its consequences
- Salvation and how God shares it with us
- The Last Times and Eternity
- What makes a church and how do we know which one is for us
- The Ten Commandments – individually, and as they impact such contemporary issues as capital punishment, military service, abortion, euthanasia, marriage/divorce, human sexuality
- Holy Baptism
- Holy Communion
- Office of Keys and Confession
Upon completing the class, those who wish to join us are received into membership by Adult Confirmation.
If you have any questions or wish to participate in one of the membership classes contact Pastor Kassouf at (540) 898-4748 or by e-mail at pastor@embracedbyHim.org